For Which Dental Assistant Training Programs Can I Get Federal Financial Aid?

Federal Financial Aid for dental assistant students is available to cover tuition, books, and even living expenses. If you are a student pursuing any type of higher education, you will want to apply for federal financial aid by completing the FAFSA or the free application form for federal student aid.

The FAFSA is not just for students applying to 4-year schools, as many people think; It can also provide you with funding sources for certificate and non-degree programs. This is a great resource for those struggling to figure out how to pay for technical or vocational training. Financial aid comes in many forms, including loans, grants, scholarships, and work-study programs.

Schools in conjunction with the Federal Government use the information in your FAFSA application to find local grants you may qualify for and determine eligibility for their scholarship programs. In fact, most scholarship applications require completion of the FAFSA before considering you for an award, as many scholarships are need-based.

You should consult the database compiled by the U.S. Department of Education to determine if the program or school you are considering qualifies you for federal financial aid.

The U.S. Department of Education maintains a database of all programs accredited by various accrediting agencies and standards and eligible for federal financial aid. Students may only apply for federal financial aid for courses listed by the U.S. Department of Education. Note that the US Department of Education does not actually accredit schools; they maintain an accurate database for compliance purposes only.

You will find that most of the dental auxiliary schools that have been accredited by the CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation) through the American Dental Association will be listed and will be eligible for federal financial aid. Smaller schools that offer certificate programs may also be eligible, but if financial aid is an absolute requirement, you’ll want to check first if you’re eligible for funding.

See also  China Belt and Road Initiative program

If you are going to invest your time and resources in attending a professional certification program, CODA accredited programs are the most recommended options as they will prepare you to take the DANB exam and will be viewed with greater credibility by prospective employers. . Also, while many state requirements can be met by attending a CODA-accredited program, certificate programs at non-accredited schools will not help you meet licensing requirements. Every state has different requirements.

With the help of Federal Financial Aid and the current FAFSA, don’t let a lack of funds keep you from pursuing a new and lucrative career as a dental assistant.

About admin

Check Also

How to Get the Desired Scholarship

Every student considers getting a scholarship, but few really try. Undoubtedly, the level of competition …